Tuesday, September 02, 2008

100 Things - The Finale

91. Since I was a child, I have wanted to be no less than fifty things when I grow up. Doctor, astronaut, teacher, musician, graphic designer, journalist…the list goes on and on. As I near that “grown up” stage, I realize that what I want to be most in my life are these three things: 1) A woman of faith, 2) A wife and 3) A mother.

92. My parents have been married for 34 years. Their marriage hasn’t always been great, but they love each other. I’m proud that they have stuck together through (most of) the hard times.

93. I am the oldest of three children. My sister, Kelly, is three years younger than me. My brother, Robert, is 6 years younger. We grew up fighting hard, playing harder and loving each other most of all. (I do have an older half-sister, but we haven’t known each other for very long.)

94. I have 2 nieces and 1 nephew (and 1 niece on the way). Tayla and Damon are the oldest, and belong to Matt’s sister. She is having another girl later this year, and we can’t wait to meet Clarissa! Kamryn is my sister’s daughter, and she brings more joy to my life than I ever expected her to. (My half-sister has twin girls that are so lovely and sweet. They don’t know that we’re related though. They’re pretty young, and explaining the whole situation would be rough.)

95. I have had trouble keeping in good touch with some of my best friends from my youth. These people were crucial to my life at one point, and I hate that we don’t see each other more. I think it’s my fault, and that makes me sad.

96. I have lots of great ideas, but have trouble seeing them all through. I know that at the end of my life, I will have lots of projects that I never finished.

97. My husband is my best friend, a great lover, a strong man, always patient with me, supportive, too smart for me, and super-handsome! He is opposite from me in so many ways, but perfect for me in every way. I love his gentle smile, and I love the way he looks at me. He makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world (and he might just be love-struck enough to actually think that I am!)

98. All of that being said, it took God smacking me on the side of the head with an epiphany to realize that I needed to marry that man. I was too caught up in myself to really see how much of a gift Matt was. I know – I’m a recovering idiot.

99. I have issues with fear. I fear death, even though I know where I’m going.

100. I believe that God is our creator, our father, our friend, our life. I believe He lives and works and breathes and speaks today – right now. If you don’t know Him, seek Him. He is pursuing us all, and longs to be in relationship with us. That is definitely the most important entry on this long, random list of mine.

2 comments:

Alida Sharp said...

I love number 100!!

Alison said...

Me too.:) I hope it overcomes #99.