Tuesday, April 14, 2009

TUESDAY TUNES - "Save it for a Rainy Day"

My parents have been fans of The Jayhawks for a few years now, and I know for a fact that I've heard their music time and time again through my folks. I also know that they play The Jayhawks on my favorite radio station, WTTS. For some reason though, I have never really caught on to this band...until tonight.

Mom and Dad were playing The Jayhawks' album Rainy Day Music while we were over for dinner tonight, and I was struck by their music. The songs are just so pleasing and soothing, and GAH with the harmony! The songs that I heard seemed to just flow...does that make sense? Like there wasn't a whole lot of effort or hooplah behind them. It was just music...and it was good.

Tell me: do any of you know/love The Jayhawks too? Have I been living under a rock or something, or is this band new to you too?

I think I'm going to download some more stuff by The Jayhawks when we get home tomorrow. Until then, I'll have to enjoy them on YouTube! Hope you enjoy it too...



Pretty little hairdo don't do what it used to
Can't disguise the living
All the miles that you've been through

Looking like a train wreck
Wearing too much makeup
The burden that you carry
Is more than one soul could ever bear

Don't look so sad, Marina
There's another part to play
Don't look so sad, Marina
Save it for a rainy day
Save it for a rainy day
Save it for a rainy day

You neve make your mind up
Like driving with your eyes shut
Rough around the edges
Won't someone come and take you home

Waiting for a breakthrough
What will you set your mind to?
We stood outside the Chinese restaurant
in the rain

Don't look so sad, Marina
There's another part to play
Don't look so sad, Marina
Save it for a rainy day
Save it for a rainy day
Save it for a rainy day

1 comment:

Karen said...

I've downloaded a few of their songs, but came across them quite by accident. Nice song pick! :)