Tuesday, April 07, 2009

TUESDAY TUNES - "Godspeed"

It's Tuesday, so that means it's time for another Tuesday Tune! Is anyone out there enjoying these weekly posts besides me? Growing up in the family I did tricked me into thinking people cared a lot more about music than most people do. If you get bored with these Tuesday Tunes, I apologize. I probably won't stop them anytime soon though - no matter how you feel about it. I'm enjoying sharing music with you!

This week's Tune comes to us from the Dixie Chicks album "Home." My in-laws bought me this for my birthday in 2002, and I loved the whole album from first listen. I love the Dixie Chicks. What a perfect combination of country, bluegrass, rock and roll and sassy ladies! I feel like these Chicks bridge the gaps between generations and genres, and I appreciate that about them.

This week's Tune, "Godspeed," always makes me feel a little weepy. I remember hearing it for the first time, and thinking, "I'm going to sing this to my son someday. What a perfect lullaby!" As the years of trying to have a baby have come and gone with no child to show for them, this song has become a little sour to me. Instead of dreaming of singing this to my child someday, I instead started wondering if that child would ever come.

Infertility is often a hopeless journey. You want so desperately to bring life to the world, and often you feel like you're dead inside. I have had quite the roller coaster ride through all of this. Some days I feel so full of hope, I'm sure I'll be pregnant just by wishing it. Other days I feel like all the hope has been washed away, and I will be left a barren, childless woman all the days of my life. It's interesting to me that everyone else's reproductive lives just keep going on as normal. Shouldn't all my friends and family members be experiencing this as well? To see everyone else having babies the way we were built to can be really discouraging.

Last summer a series of events occurred that birthed new hope into my infertility journey. I won't go on and on about them here. Go back in the archives, and you'll see them documented there. Needless to say, God has worked wonderful miracles in my hope life these past few months, and I am now dreaming of holding my children someday.

For your tuning pleasure, here is "Godspeed" by the Dixie Chicks...

1 comment:

Alison said...

I'm reading Tuesday Tunes! And loving them!

I know heartbreaking infertility is, Katie. I hope you receive hope from the Father daily. You would be an incredible mother, just by your love.