Monday, December 01, 2008

Playing the Part

The coming weekend will be a busy one for us. Veedersburg's Christmas Parade is Saturday, and Veedersburg UMC is going to have a float in the parade. I'm excited about attending this event, if only for the chance to get out of the house and maybe meet some people in our new town. Sunday our other church, Hillsboro UMC, will be having their Live Nativity and Chili Supper. Again, this is going to be an opportunity for us to meet some people in Hillsboro (and to have some yummy chili).

I wouldn't be lying if I told you I wasn't 100% comfortable about Matt and I playing Mary and Joseph in the Live Nativity. When the biggest struggle in our life the past few years has been conceiving a child, I imagine I might have some difficulty playing a new mother. Then again, maybe it will all be just fine, and I won't be bothered by it at all.

I think I've dealt with a lot of this transition by operating in "autopilot." There are days when I push my emotions to the back burner, and just work at checking things off my to-do list. Every now and then my emotions boil over as if to remind me that they're still there. Someday soon I think I'll address this pot of emotions, but right now I'm praying that God will allow me to keep them pushed back for this Live Nativity...

No comments: