Friday, November 07, 2008

Update

It has been 16 days since my last post. I'm so sorry to have been gone for so long! It has been a hectic time for us lately. We moved to Veedersburg on October 28th, and have been trying to get settled ever since.

Our last day at Emmanuel was very emotional. It hurts so badly to say goodbye to so many people that we love. I know we will see each other time and again, but I'm still sad to leave. One week later, we enjoyed a wonderful first Sunday at Veedersburg and Hillsboro churches. These congregations are so different from Emmanuel, but we're thankful to be here for the next chapter in our ministry.

Moving day went very well. In 7/12 hours our movers packed our old house, drove 90 miles, had lunch and unpacked into the new house. They were SO quick! Also, these guys were polite, respectful, gentle with our belongings, and they really seemed to have fun doing a job I would hate! On top of that, they ended up charging us $500 less than they had originally estimated!!! If you're ever in the market for a moving company, I would highly recommend Two Men and a Truck (www.twomen.com).

We have been living among cardboard boxes ever since, and I am OVER IT! We are slowly getting everything in order, but some days there just too many other things to do besides unpacking. We'll get it done soon. I'm determined to have it totally done by Thanksgiving.

This is my first week working at home part-time. My office days on Monday and Tuesday went well, and the rest of the week I have been working here at home. I've spent a lot of this week getting my office set up, and I think I'm almost comfortable. I have a nice, big desk right under a window that looks into our back yard. I also have a TV in my office that somehow keeps me from stressing out! It's nice to work at home in my PJ's, with my kitties and hubby around. It's also very nice to be able to eat at home three meals a day!

As good as things have been, I do have to admit that I have had a difficult time transitioning to our new town. There is next to NO shopping anywhere near here, so a simple trip to Target take hours because it's 45 minutes away. Last week I was a total pain in the butt to Matt too - don't worry...I apologized. I think I'm starting to realize that when I'm stressed out I get really bossy and crabby. It's something to work on.

It's been a crazy time here, but soon I think things will settle down. Hopefully I'll be regular on the blog again. Peace!

No comments: