Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Freakin' Awesome!

I have just found my most favorite thing...the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser! Crazy, I know, but it's true! My sis has been singing the praises of the Magic Eraser (hereafter referred to as "the most perfect cleaning tool in all Creation) for a while now. I even went out and bought one a few months ago and tried taking scuffs off of my walls with it. It worked, but I didn't realize until tonight the power that little spongy block held!

I was watching television (big suprise) and saw a commercial for "the most perfect cleaning tool in all Creation" (hereafter referred to as "TMPCTIAC") where the lady was actually eliminating soap scum from her bathtub with "TMPCTIAC". Surely this was just a ploy by scheming (though effective) marketing executives to convince me that I most certainly could not live without "TMPCTIAC". Remembering my young sister's sage advice, and also remembering that I, in fact, did personally possess a "TMPCTIAC", I decided to dig it out of the laundry room and try it out on my not-quite-filthy-but-getting-pretty-darn-close-tub. With much skepticism, I turned on the water in the tub to wet my "TMPCTIAC", and after I wrung out the excess water, the "TMPCTIAC" wrinkled in such a way that it almost looked like a smirk.

"You don't think I can do this, do you?"
(*For the record, I didn't actually hear its voice...I could tell what it was thinking by the look on its face. I'm not crazy, you know.*)
"Of course you can't do this!" I replied. "You have no cleaning products to work with, no scratchy bristles. Why, I don't even need to wear rubber gloves to handle you. How powerful can you really be?"
"Watch me."

That was it. A small challenge made by an inanimate object was all it took to get my adrenaline pumping. With everything to prove, I dove into the tub and picked the ickiest, scummiest spot and gave it a few swipes...

Now, I must inform you that when one's pride is damaged as mine was this evening, it is never an easy thing to handle. However, this dose of humility was much easier to swallow than I would have thought. You know what they say: "A spoonful of a gleaming, scum-free bathtub makes the medicine go down..."

The rest, as they say, es historia. Take some advice from me (and my sis): go out RIGHT NOW and get a "TMPCTIAC" (hereafter referred to as "the Magic Eraser").

Until my next adventure...

Livin' la vida loca,
Katie

No comments: