Friday, September 30, 2005

Crunch, crunch...kiss, kiss...

Ahhh...isn't Fall great? I love the coolness of night and the crisp sunshine of day. I really love playing in crunchy leaves...It makes me want to take long, slow, hand-holding walks with my hubby. The first time we kissed after I feel in love with him was in a pile of leaves in my parents' front yard. I still have a leaf that stuck to my hair from that kiss. It was great...Does Fall make anyone else feel romantic?

Fall in Kentucky is pretty great. As much as I hate being so far from friends and family in Indy, I really love the area where we live. It's so hilly and peaceful and beautiful. I can't wait for the leaves to start changing color!

For your reading pleasure, here are some lyrics from one of my favorite Nichole Nordeman songs. If you don't know her, go out right now and buy one of her CD's! I recommend This Mystery or Woven and Spun - they're her 2 best in my opinion.

"Even when the trees have just surrendered to the harvest time, forfeiting their leaves in late September and sending us inside, still I notice you when change begins, and I am braced for colder winds. I will offer thanks for what has been and what's to come. You are Autumn..."
-"Every Season" from This Mystery

So, life is good today. This week has been pretty busy at work, but slow at home. I'm totally psyched. Today I am wearing a pair of pants that I haven't been able to zip up since last summer! YAY! I have a goal of 80 pounds to lose, and the last time I weighed myself (a few weeks ago) I was 15 lbs. closer to my goal!

Alright...I'm going to get back to work. Take care and love each other!

No comments: