Thursday, May 03, 2007

Dirty Dancing

Last night was one of the highlights of my young life. After 20 years of watching Dirty Dancing at home, I FINALLY got to see it on the big screen!

To honor the 20th anniversary of the release of Dirty Dancing, it was re-released in theaters for two days only. Some of my girlfriends and I decided that we absolutely could NOT miss it, and bought tickets as soon as we could. It was amazing!

When Star Wars Episode 1 came out, I was at a midnight showing in Bloomington, IN, to see it with all the wackos dressed like Darth Vader. There was a lot of energy and excitement in that theater that night, but last night had even the craziest of Star Wars fans beat. When the opening credits started to roll and that first song started to play, the theater erupted in applause and laughter! My heart was in my chest throughout the entire movie, and when we got to that last dance scene (Nobody puts baby in a corner) I have to admit - I cried a little. It was a great night!

To top it off, we went to Baskin Robins right before the movie to take part in the 31 cent scoop night (proceeds went to charity). Not only did I get great ice cream for only 31 cents, BUT they had my absolute favorite flavor! The flavor that I only thought they had around Valentine's Day: Love Potion #31. It's white chocolate and raspberry ice creams swirled together with raspberry ribbons through it and raspberry filled chocolate hearts in it. AMAZING! What an awesome night...

Now Matt and I are cleaning the house and trying to get packed for our trip to Gatlinburg. It's supposed to storm the whole time we're there, but we're hoping that God can change that a little bit. Just in case, though, I'm bringing the portable DVD player. Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Alida Sharp said...

I officially feel old now... I saw it in the theatre when it came out the first time!

Alidasturn from the Pastor's Wives Forum

Julie said...

I left this comment yesterday, but it has mysteriously disappeared.

Just so you know, I am expecting a blog update once you get moved and settled. I anticipate it being both funny and serious. I'm excited! :)

Julie said...

Miss you, too! I just re-arranged my page a bit and the link to your blog disappeared. I fixed that :)

Alison said...

Hi Katie! I stumbled onto your blog via Julie's! You are a beautiful writer! I read some of the baby struggles you are having, and we went through much of the same thing. If you need someone to talk to, I'm only an email away.:) Blessings to you, friend and thanks for linking me!

r o b said...

have fun in g-burg. don't forget to buy some touristy sh*t emblazoned with a john deere logo.

Heidi said...

Hey Katie! I am AGAIN STarting up my blog! Add me on your links - it's heidihovan.blogspot.com.

A lot easier to post than I thought...so hopefully you'll hear more from me. Have fun in Gatlinburg!!!