Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Will we have breakfast in heaven?

If you are a fan of the Newsboys or Audio Adrenaline, go to another page - NOW! I'm about to say things you may not like. In fact, go to www.relevantmag.com and learn about new bands...

I just have to say that those two bands DRIVE ME CRAZY! They were hot in, what, 1994? The problem with Christian radio is that they're still playing their same old tired songs from a decade ago like they were the newest hits of today. It makes me cringe. This is why I don't listen to Christian radio!

While Matt was in the shower this morning, he had the radio on Air1 and the stupid breakfast song came on. If you don't know it, I'll give you a lyrical snack:

"WHEN THE TOAST IS BURNED AND ALL THE MILK HAS TURNED AND CAPTAIN CRUNCH IS WAVING FAREWELL WHEN THE BIG ONE FINDS YOU MAY THIS SONG REMIND YOU THAT THEY DON'T SERVE BREAKFAST IN HELL"

What...the...HECK is that supposed to mean????? How do they know that? Maybe there will be breakfast in hell, but it will be soft boiled eggs and lumpy grits? What if they don't serve breakfast in heaven? Will the Newsboys show up at the pearly gates, find out that there's no breakfast and then turn away? It's just retarded. Who writes a song about that? I mean, if you're going to write a silly song, do it right and say things like "Light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle". Matt just walked out of the bathroom saying, "What kind of crappy evangelism is that? 'Oh, well, you know, they don't have breakfast in hell, so you'd better straighten up and get right with God so you can have your Apple Jacks after you die.'" Yeah...works for me.

AND - did you know that Audio Adrenaline still charges somewhere around $35,000 to play at a concert??? WHAT????? Have they even made that much in record sales in the past 5 years?? Every year in our town, we have a big Christian music festival called Ichthus (you may have heard of it or been one of the 20,000 people who were here). Every year, Ichthus keeps raising their ticket prices just so they can keep bringing back tired, expensive bands like Audio Adrenaline. COME ON!!! There is so much more going on in Christian music right now. Oh, and this year they had Michael W. Smith and Selah play on the last night of the festival. Are you serious? I like them both, quite a bit actually, but at a rock festival??? They are not festival bands at all...and I wonder how much Ichthus paid for them...

All of this to say, if you want great Christian music, you're going to have to go out and find it for yourself. Those radio stations aren't doing it for you. Check out www.grassrootsmusic.com or www.relevantmag.com.

Sorry if that offended anyone. I just get a little worked up when it comes to this stuff. Matt will probably laugh when he reads this.

Now - can I just say that I'm a little ashamed to be a Hoosier fan today? They got beat by Indiana State last night. Whoa...it's even more painful to see that in writing. Anyway, I don't know much about sports, so I can't really tell you much about it except that it hurts. I'm hurt.

Okie dokie - off to the bathroom to get ready for work. Lots of students to get admitted!!!

Peace, Katie

1 comment:

Krista said...

That song was way cool back in the day!!
But I understand about the lyrics...

But I flipped on the radio to a secular station the other day...who makes money off "My lovely lady lumps!" That songs lyrics were STUPID!!! Some of the lyrics out there drive me crazy!!