Sunday, November 13, 2005

Why not?


hotties
Originally uploaded by Matt & Katie Swisher.
I got a message from my best childhood friend tonight - she's pregnant. I'm so excited for her, and yet I'm so jealous! What could be wrong in adding someone to our family? Don't get me wrong - I love our life now. We go to bed when we want, get up just in time to get to work, eat junk food for dinner (more than we should), make out ALL THE TIME, spend stupid amounts of money on things we don't really need (like Ren and Stimpy Seasons one and two on DVD...worth every one of those 30 bucks!). Having a baby around would change all of that, but somehow, I just can't get this out of my mind lately!

Where does this biological clock thing come from? Is it set to automatically go off at the most inopportune time in your life? Just when you feel like your life is coming together and you might have a lot of things figured out - BOOM! All of a sudden your uterus just cries out for attention. I just don't get it.

I love kids - I do. Sometimes all the screaming and pooping and questions just gets a little irritating. I'm sure it's different when they're your kids...I hope it's different anyway!

So - something to be praying for. My friend's pregnancy and for my sanity. I can't wait to hold her little baby...you think she'll name it after me??? Probably not. The last time she named something after me, I accidentally drowned it...

It was a hamster...and that night was one of the most tramatic of my childhood!!!

Peace...

No comments: